My favorite thing to do is take an everyday recipe and make it good for you. Plus, it still tastes amazing! Let’s stop talking about what we can’t have, and start talking about what we can have!
This fried chicken really was a winner and we ate it twice that week! We bought it at the farmers market and cut it up
1 whole organic chicken (cut up into fryers: legs, thighs, wings, breasts)
2 cups expeller pressed organic coconut oil
3 ducks eggs ( or chicken eggs)
1/4 cup rice milk (coconut, almond, any milk is fine)
1 cup Gluten Free Flour Mix
1 tbsp Smokey Paprika
1 tbsp Sea Salt
2 tsp cracked black pepper
1. While oil is heating in a dutch oven, whisk together eggs and milk in a deep dish or tray.
2. Add the chicken pieces to egg mixture and let sit while mixing the dry ingredients in a deep dish.
3. Dredge chicken pieces through the dry ingredients, making sure to coat each piece thoroughly.
4. Check oil by dropping some flour into the oil. If it bubbles, it’s ready! Drop the legs, thighs and wings in first. Fry for 8 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove chicken from oil and keep in a 200 degree oven. Repeat with chicken breasts, and keep in warm oven for 10 minutes with other pieces.
5. Serve with your favorite sides.