I absolutely love lemon desserts! This is one I had to play with but it turned out pretty amazing. My husband doesn’t care for raspberries but he ate all of them with this cake. You only need one lemon for the recipe, maybe another to use for decoration and plating. See more lemon uses. If your lemon is room temperature, it will yield more juice.
1 large egg (we use duck eggs which are naturally larger)
1/2 cup Butter Flavored Grapeseed Oil
1/4 cup raw local honey
1/4 cup organic brown rice syrup
3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
Zest of one lemon
1 organic lemon juiced (about 4 tbsp if at room temperature)
1/2 cup organic raw stevia
1/4 Organic dark molasses
1/4 cup organic arrowroot
DIRECTIONS FOR CAKE:
1. In an electric mixer using the whisk attachment, add the egg and beat until creamy.
2. Add oil, honey and brown rice syrup and whisk until combined. Then, add flour and whisk on medium for 1-2 minutes until it’s a thick batter.
3. Now stir in lemon zest and scrape down sides of bowl until combined. Pour into a greased, 8 x 8 stone or metal pan. Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes.
DIRECTIONS FOR GLAZE:
1. While cake is baking, juice the lemon. Add lemon juice to the stevia and combine. Add molasses and stir until combined. Then, add arrowroot. Stir until combined and let sit for a few minutes to thicken.
2. Pour over cake as soon as it comes out of the oven and let it soak up the glaze. Let cool slightly, serve warm with cold berries.